Eastern Park Apartments, San Francisco
Eastern Park Apartments is located close to San Francisco's historic Civic Center. This community provides a comfortable, secure home for low-income individuals aged 62 or older, and for other federally qualified people. Eastern Park has provided housing with programs and community-based services for over 34 years. All apartments—including those for the mobility-impaired—have one bedroom, a private bathroom, and living and dining area with a kitchen and emergency pull-cords in the bedroom and bathroom.
Eastern Park's rooftop garden, library, activities room, and dining room provide ample common space for resident programs and activities. Eastern Park Apartments is a secured community with on-site 24-hour security. This well-maintained community with active, friendly people and caring staff is an ideal option for retirement living.
Eastern Park Apartments offers residents an array of services and amenities, including:
- Close proximity to public transportation (MUNI, BART)
- Weekly shuttle van service for local grocery shopping
- Weekly on-site banking services
- A library, Cyber Café, dining room, pool table, and exercise room
- Recreational activities and programs including seasonal and holiday celebrations, and a variety of field trips
- Art With Elders program, which offers seniors an opportunity to tap into their artistic skills
- A Brown Bag program, which gives residents free groceries, food, and produce on a weekly basis
- A Service Coordinator who can provide information on a variety of community resources and assist in the referral process, serves as an advocate or liaison with outside social and health agencies, and provides information on Medicare, MediCal and other benefit and entitlement programs
- A Health Education Coordinator who provides educational coordination and programming to residents, including nutrition, medication information, safety, blood pressure, weight, use of equipment, exercise and supportive counseling
- On-site 24 hour security
Affordable Housing Requirements
All apartments enjoy the support of HUD subsidy; however, all residents must qualify for a rental subsidy through HUD. Residents contribute 30% of their income for rent and utilities.
The Eastern Park Apartments wait list is closed; when reopened, it will be in accordance with our Affirmative Fair Housing Plan.
About NCPHS Affordable Housing
NCPHS offers three affordable retirement communities for seniors with limited incomes. These communities—two in San Francisco and one in San Jose—are attractive, secure and conveniently located to a variety of services in the area
They offer applicants—abled and disabled—private apartments with additional services. In Partnership with the Goldman Institute on Aging, NCPHS provides preventative healthcare through WellElder®.
All of the apartments are eligible for rent subsidy through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Each community offers a menu of amenities and recreational opportunities unique to its location.