Town Park Towers Apartments, San Jose
Town Park Towers, conveniently located close to San Jose’s historic downtown, is a comfortable, secure, residential living facility for low- to moderate-income seniors, age 62 and older. Town Park Towers has studios, alcoves, and one-bedroom apartments, each with a private bath, kitchen, and a balcony. The community, which is culturally diverse and conveniently located near places of worship, physicians’ offices, senior centers, shopping, universities, and many of San Jose’s top attractions—is an ideal retirement community.
Our staff is committed to providing quality service tailored to residents in an environment that is respectful, compassionate and supportive. It is a community with choices of many activities, exercise classes, dance classes, exercise equipment, pool and ping pong tables, and monthly community meetings enjoyed by residents.
Town Park Towers offers residents an array of services and amenities, including:
- Located in downtown San Jose and close to public transportation (VTA)
- A library, computer room, and dining room with an outdoor patio
- Broad recreational activities and programs: seasonal and holiday celebrations, field trips, and tickets to sporting and cultural events
- Second Harvest Food Bank’s Brown Bag program, which gives residents free groceries, food, and produce on a weekly basis
- A Service Coordinator who can provide information on a variety of community resources and assist in the referral process, serve as an advocate or liaison with outside social and health agencies, and provide information Medicare, MediCal and other benefit and entitlement programs
- A Health Education Coordinator who provides educational coordination and programming to residents, including nutrition, medication information, safety, blood pressure, weight, use of equipment, exercise and supportive counseling
- Annual Health Fair for residents, families and the community
- On-site 24 hour security
Affordable Housing Requirements
Town Park Towers is a HUD-subsidized affordable housing facility. There are 216 units, of which 173 are Section 8. All new move-in residents must meet the age and income limit requirements and must pay contract rent until a Section 8 apartment opens up. Residents who receive Section 8 subsidy will pay approximately 30% of their adjusted monthly income for rent and utilities. Residents who exceed the income-limit requirement must pay market rent. (While higher income bracket residents must pay market rent, market comparability studies show that Town Park Towers’ rent is lower than other nearby housing facilities.)
Applicants with vouchers from Santa Clara Housing Authority are welcome. Our waiting list remains open. Housing applications can be obtained and accepted during business hours from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
About NCPHS Affordable Housing
NCPHS offers three affordable retirement communities for seniors with limited incomes. These communities—two in San Francisco and one in San Jose—are attractive, secure and conveniently located to a variety of services in the area.
They offer applicants—abled and disabled—private apartments with additional services. In Partnership with the Goldman Institute on Aging, NCPHS provides preventative healthcare through WellElder®.
All of the apartments are eligible for rent subsidy through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Each community offers a menu of amenities and recreational opportunities unique to its location.