Coming of Age: Bay Area
Coming of Age: Bay Area launched in 2010, seeks to capture and utilize the passion, talent and skills of adults over 50 with exciting programs that benefit the entire community. Through its workshops, volunteer recruitment, consultation and online community, Coming of Age helps people 50+ make rewarding transitions to the next phase of life by providing pathways to engage in meaningful service, explore passions, plan for the future, become community leaders and pursue lifelong learning. Coming of Age offers a multifaceted initiative designed to discover and tap the potential of aging.
To help realize this transformation, Coming of Age:
- Helps people engage in meaningful paid and/or unpaid work and community service
- Builds the capacity of not-for-profit and public sector organizations to harness the experience, talents and skills of people 50+
- Provides structured opportunities for people to explore their futures
- Creates an online community to connect programs, services and staff
- Increases public awareness about the value people 50+ provide to the community